Occupy This! : Musings from the Middle East

My adventure in Israel and Palestine begins.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Luggage? Check. Passport? Check. Tweezers? DOH!

Just a couple more days before I leave for Tel Aviv. Is it wrong that my major concern is figuring out what to wear? Shouldn't I be worried about travel warnings, malaria, or random acts of violence? To be honest, I'm not too bothered about the thought of working in the Occupied Territories. Of course, I'll be careful and stay away from danger. I just don't want to offend anyone by wearing the wrong thing. I don't want to die of heat stroke either. Channeling Paris Hilton...Paris? Can you hear me now? Sling backs or mules?

I only pray there is a salon that waxes in Ramallah. If not, I may come back looking like Fidel Castro with monchi-chis or ewoks strapped to my legs. Too much info? Sorry. It just ain't easy being an Afghan woman.



Camel Crossing in the Negev. Don't you just love it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home