Occupy This! : Musings from the Middle East

My adventure in Israel and Palestine begins.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thurs- July 13: Israel hits Beirut airport

We've been watching the reports closely. Although Nazareth isn't too far away from where the attacks are going on, we're very safe here. We've been asked by our director if we'd like to go home. If so, he'll arrange it. My classmates and I are determined to stay because the general mood is calm here. As soon as the locals freak out, we'll be on the first plane out. I'm less worried than I was yesterday. I've come down with a bad cold so I'm more focused on that.

I don't know how to explain how surreal the situation is. CNN and other news sources are freaking out but the people on the ground are acting as if nothing is happening. I'm just going to take the attitude of the people here. I'm going to sit and wait it out. I'll keep updating while I've got internet access.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home